Hello Viewers. I am Rajeswari Chidambaram.Welcome To Raji's Smart Kitchen "Cook Food in a Smart Way". In this blog I share some tasty yummy recipes that I have tried.I hope you enjoy it.

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Appam


Appam is one of our traditional breakfast recipe made of Fermented Raw Rice Batter. Here I Share the recipe that I followed.

Friends try this recipe and send your photos to my mail. Subscribe,Like, Share and Comment on my page.
Follow my page for more tasty recipes.



Ingredients:

Raw Rice 3 Cups.
Cooked Rice 1/4 Cup.
Dosa Batter 1/4 Cup For Recipe Click the Link..
Grated Coconut 1/4 Cup.
Sugar 1 Tsp.
Baking Soda(Cooking Soda/Appam Soda/Eating Soda) 1/4 Tsp.
Salt 3 Tsp.
Water as Needed.

Note: If you don't have Dosa Batter then add a handful of Parboiled Rice(Pulungal Rice/Idly Rice),Urud Dal and 5 to 6 Fenugreek Seeds(Vendhayam/Methi) to it during soaking.

Similar Recipes:


Method:

  • Take 3 Cup of Raw Rice in a bowl.

  • Soak in Water for 2 to 3 hours.

  • Wash and drain the Water.

  • In a Mixie Jar, add Cooked Rice.

  • Then add the Soaked Rice.

  • Then add the Dosa Batter.

  • Then add the Grated Coconut.

  • Add Water and grind it to a smooth paste.

  • Transfer it into a wide bowl.

  • Add Salt,Sugar and Baking Soda and mix well.

  • Cover it with lid and allow it to ferment for 8 hours.

  • After fermented the batter looks like this.

  • Mix well using the ladle.

  • Heat the Appam Pan(If you don't have Appam Pan then use Dosa Tawa).

  • Pour one ladle full of Batter into it.

  • Spin the Appam pan and spread the batter as shown below.

  • Close it with lid and cook for 60 seconds on medium low flame.

  • Now the Appam is cooked well.

  • Transfer it to a plate.

  • Serve with Masala Curry,Chutney,Sambhar or any Non Veg Curry. Here I Served the Appam with Masala Curry.

Thanks for Visiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments and suggestions here

Popular Posts