Hello Viewers. I am Rajeswari Chidambaram.Welcome To Raji's Smart Kitchen "Cook Food in a Smart Way". In this blog I share some tasty yummy recipes that I have tried.I hope you enjoy it.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Idly/Dosa Batter


Idly and Dosa is of one of most popular dish of South Indian Cuisine. To make Idly/Dosa we want to prepare a batter and allow to ferment.

Here I Shared the recipe followed by my mother. 

Friends try this recipe and send your photos to my mail. Subscribe,Like, Share and Comment on my page.
Follow my page for more tasty recipes.

Ingredients:

For Large Quantity:

Idly Rice or ParBoiled Rice or Pulungal Rice    5 Cups.
Urud Dal(I use Splited Urud dal)    1 Cup. 
Fenugreek Seeds(Methi) 1 Tsp.
Salt    3 Tsp.
Water needed for Grinding.

For Small Quantity:

Idly Rice or ParBoiled Rice or Pulungal Rice  3 Cups.
Urud Dal(I use Splited Urud dal)    3/4 Cup. 
Fenugreek Seeds(Methi) 1/2 Tsp.
Salt    1 1/2 Tsp.
Water needed for Grinding.


Note: Add little amount of water for grinding. The Batter must be thick for Idly.

Method:
  • Take the Urud Dal,methi and Rice in seperate bowls.
  • Add Water and Soak it for 6 to 8 hours.
  • Wash and Drain the Urud Dal.
  • Put the Urud dal,methi in the grinder(here i use my wet grinder) and grind to a smooth paste.


  • Collect it in deep bottom vessel.
  • Wash and drain the Rice.
  • Put the Rice in the grinder and grind to a smooth paste.
  • Collect it in the same vessel.
  • Add salt to it and mix well.
  • Cover it with a lid and allow it to ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
  • After fermented the batter looks like this.
  • Mix it well.
  • Take a container pour the required batter for Idly.
  • Add some water to the remaining batter. The consistency must be like this.
  • Transfer it to another container for dosa.
  • Now our Idly and Dosa batter is ready.
  • Store in refrigerator.We can use this batter for upto 4 to 5 days. 
Thanks for Visiting.
For Idly Recipe Click the Link.
For Dosa Recipe Click the Link.


    





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments and suggestions here

Popular Posts